Tuesday, July 13

Spotted in Beijing: Usher sings in Chinese with Wang Leehom

Ever wanted to see R&B star Usher sing in Chinese? We thought so. The popular hunk-o-singer was caught on camera in Beijing over the weekend singing the harmony of 唯一 (One and Only) with Taiwan star Wang Leehom. It was Usher's first concert ever in China, and he asked Leehom to participated because he "wanted to give his Chinese fans a little hometown flavor," according to MTV News.
"I want you to have crowd participation, which is very odd in my Asian markets, because a lot of times, they don't like to sing out of respect, but I don't mind. I love for my audience to sing along with me," Usher said, according to Rap-Up.com. "That's the part that makes me really enjoy it and I hope it makes them enjoy the show as well."

Really? In my several experiences with Chinese concerts, as long as there's karaoke lyrics scrolling on the sides, the fans will be singing along. Still, I'm not going to knock it. Usher's back up adds depth to this karaoke favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment